Welcome to The Hilton Head Hospital Auxiliary
The Hilton Head Hospital Auxiliary provides communication and support for our nearly 200 volunteers and through our fundraising efforts, we assist people and families in our communities who are most in need. So when you support the Auxiliary, you are supporting people in our community who need your help — patients at Hilton Head Hospital, Coastal Carolina Hospital, and VIM who can not afford medication; the Breast Health Center and breast cancer support groups; future nurses who receive Auxiliary scholarships which assist them in completing their programs at USCB and the Technical College of the Lowcountry; the Children’s Memorial Garden at Hilton Head Hospital and more.
One of the first service organizations on the island, The Hospital Auxiliary began as a service to Hilton Head Hospital in 1974, one year before the opening of the hospital. Men, women and young adults have contributed thousands of hours to various departments and community programs. All aspects of the Auxiliary focus on meeting the needs of our hospitals and the community.
The Hospital Auxiliary is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to assisting those people and their families in Hilton Head Island, Bluffton and the surrounding areas who are most in need.
How does The Auxiliary help the community?
The Auxiliary funds several important and meaningful programs and contributes thousands of dollars each year toward vital interventions to those in need.
- Supports a qualified volunteer staff to enhance the ongoing pursuit of excellence at our two hospitals, Hilton Head Hospital and Coastal Carolina Hospital, as well as the Bluffton-Okatie Outpatient Center and the Bluffton Medical Campus. Volunteers offer an extra dimension of care and service to patients, families and visitors and supportive services to medical staff.
- Provides scholarships for students entering the health care field.
- Partners with the Children’s Memorial Garden, a place created to honor and remember those sons and daughters who have passed.
- Operates the Auxiliary Gift Shops at both hospitals for the convenience of patients, visitors and staff.
- Furnishes transportation via “The Auxiliary Trolley” to drive patients and visitors to and from parking lots, physician offices and outpatient clinics (Hilton Head Hospital Campus).
- Promotes and supports women’s health issues through educational literature, informational programs and special needs.
- Administers and funds the Auxiliary Caring Touch Program (A.C.T.) which assists patients without sufficient funds or insurance with their prescription medicines.
- Provides funding to help other community agencies (Boys & Girls Club, Bluffton Township Fire Department, Volunteers in Medicine)
How does The Auxiliary raise money?
- Proceeds from two Auxiliary Gift Shops located in Hilton Head Hospital and Coastal Carolina Hospital
- The Hospital Auxiliary Invitational Golf Tournament
- Annual Gift Shop Holiday Boutique & Bake Sale
A variety of other seasonal events throughout the year help to raise funds for our special projects (i.e. uniform sales, jewelry and linen sales)