The Hospital Auxiliary is proud to support health care in our community through our scholarship program. Our goal is to provide financial assistance to individuals seeking advanced education in healthcare fields with an emphasis on those studying nursing in the Lowcountry. Scholarships are funded from the proceeds of our Annual Hospital Auxiliary Invitational Golf Tournament. Over the past 35 years this partnership has allowed us to provide approximately $925,000 in scholarships to students pursuing degrees in health care related fields.
Our scholarships are currently designated for:
- Students at the Technical College of the Lowcountry in nursing and allied health programs
- Students at the University of South Carolina Bluffton in nursing programs
- Eligible dependent child or spouse of a Hilton Head Hospital or Coastal Carolina Hospital employee or Auxiliary junior volunteers pursuing degrees in the medical field
- The Hospital Auxiliary’s Caring Touch and Women’s Health Programs
The Hospital Auxiliary Healthcare Scholarship
- Hilton Head Regional Health Care employee’s dependents and spouses, as well as junior volunteers pursuing a degree in clinical health care may quality for a scholarship.
- An application for The Hospital Auxiliary Healthcare Scholarship can be obtained in the Auxiliary Office at Hilton Head Hospital, at the Gift Shops and Human Resources Offices at both hospitals, or by clicking here: SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
For more information, please contact Marge Sieban, Scholarship Chairperson, at email@example.com.
THE HOSPITAL AUXILIARY HEALTHCARE SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
Scholarships will be awarded to an eligible dependent child or spouse of a Hilton Head Hospital or Coastal Carolina Hospital employee or to Auxiliary junior volunteers. The eligible dependent child, spouse or junior volunteer must be a high school graduate. The applicant must be currently accepted in a degree program at an accredited educational institution with the purpose of pursuing a degree in clinical healthcare. The amount of the scholarship will be applied to the student’s tuition.
- The employee must be a part –time or full time employee in good standing with the organization at the time the scholarship is awarded.
- The junior volunteer must have worked at least 30 hours at Hilton Head Regional Healthcare.
- The applicant must (1) complete the scholarship application (2) provide an official transcript showing courses taken and grades received,(3) submit a personal essay as to why he or she is interested in the scholarship, his/her educational goals and ultimate professional goals.
- The dependent child, spouse or junior volunteer must be in good standing with the educational institution, have a grade point average of 3.0 and be enrolled for the next semester.
- Announcement and distribution of Scholarship applications will begin April 1.
- Applicants must submit applications with requirements by May 31 to The Hospital Auxiliary, 25 Hospital Center Boulevard, Hilton Head, SC 29926.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
- A scholarship committee will be formed with the responsibility of choosing the recipients.
- The scholarship funds will be awarded and forwarded to the designated Institution in December to be applied to the second semester tuition.
Hospital Auxiliary Power:Ed Scholarship