The Hospital Auxiliary is a not-for-profit 501c3 organization. Donations are welcome in memory of loved ones or to support any of the Auxiliary programs. The Hospital Auxiliary donations may be made to:
- General Fund
- Auxiliary Caring Touch (ACT)
- Children’s Memorial Garden
- Kids Capes of Courage
- Women’s Health
Donations may be made via check to the following address:
The Hospital Auxiliary
25 Hospital Center Blvd.
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
We also encourage your participation in the “Birdies for Charity” or “Champions Fore Charity” programs (see Heritage Classic Foundation Partnership article below).
Heritage Classic Foundation Partnership
The Hospital Auxiliary is an approved registered Charity of the Heritage Classic Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting educational and charitable initiatives to enhance quality of life and economic vitality by hosting the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing, South Carolina’s only PGA TOUR golf tournament.
Founded in 1974, The Hospital Auxiliary supports the community by:
- Supporting our hospital volunteers
- Funding over $50,000 annually in scholarships to TCL, USCB, and Hilton Head Regional healthcare for area nursing students.
- Providing medication for those in need at Hilton Head Hospital and Coastal Carolina Hospital, as well as Volunteers in Medicine clinics in Hilton Head and Bluffton
- Supporting breast cancer patients at the Breast Health Center at Bluffton Medical Campus
- Maintaining the Children’s Memorial Garden at Hilton Head Hospital
The primary source of funds for the Auxiliary has been our annual golf tournament and our hospital gift shops. “Birdies for Charity” provides another fundraising mechanism that is fun, fast, and easy – and the Heritage Classic Foundation will contribute an extra 15% on top of your donation.
Birdies for Charity
Participants make a pledge for every birdie made at the RBC Heritage presented by Boeing. In 2019, the pros made 1,354 birdies during the tournament. If 1,300 birdies are made during the 2022 event, here are the totals for some typical pledge amounts:
- 1 cent pledge = $13.00 total pledge
- 3 cent pledge = $39.00 total pledge
- 10 cent pledge = $130.00 total pledge
- $1.00 pledge = $1,300 total pledge
Every penny counts – and all donations will be matched by 15% from the Heritage Classic Foundation. Flat donations, not tied to birdies pledge, are also accepted.
Champions Fore Charity
The Heritage Champions Fore Charity program requires a minimum contribution of $1,000. One hundred percent of all donations go directly to the charity of your choice, and the Heritage Classic Foundation will contribute an extra 15% on top of your donation.
We appreciate your support of The Hospital Auxiliary and encourage your participation in the “Birdies for Charity” or “Champions Fore Charity” programs by clicking on the link below: